From time to time we have a few minis and sometimes full-size horses for lease. Please contact us for availability.
Why leasing a horse might be right for you:
- Owning a horse is a huge commitment of time and money. We think it’s a good idea to lease a horse before you buy one to be sure you’re ready for that commitment
- Leasing is far less expensive than owning a horse
- You can ease into the demand of a horsekeeping schedule
- Leasing allows parents to evaluate a child’s commitment to having and caring for a horse
- Ending a lease is easier and much less traumatic than having to sell a horse you no longer want
Who is eligible to lease?
- Children that have an interest and desire to experience and want to learn horsekeeping and riding skills
- Parents who lease a horse for their child must also be active participants in helping their child
We are unable to supervise your child on her/his lease days and expect parents to monitor their child’s activities
How much does it cost to lease a miniature horse?
$50 a month, plus a monthly lesson fee of $30 either in horsemanship or a riding lesson, depending on the individual
The monthly fee includes: maintaining good horsekeeping (feeding, watering, keeping stall clean), bathing and grooming